SCHEME OF STUDIES
|Pre primary – nursery, LKG & UKG|
|Primary – Classes 1 to 5||English, Second language (Tamil/Hindi), Third language, Maths, Science, SST, Computer Science|
|From Class 6 to 9||English, Second language (Tamil/Hindi), Third language, Maths, Science, SST, Computer Science|
|Class 11||Choice 1: English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology.|
Choice 2: English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Information Practices.
Choice 3: English, Business Studies, Accountancy, Economics, Mathematics
Choice 4: English, Business Studies , Accountancy, Economics, Information Practices.
Choice 5: English, History, Geography, Sociology, Economics, Psychology.
* Physical Education is a compulsory additional subject for all the above groups.
The school offers proven and research based program of XSEED to make the child unafraid and to compete for the 21st century.
What is XSEED?
XSEED is a proven and research based academic program for schools that builds thinking skills & problem solving confidence in children. XSEED children ask more questions, can write in their own words, like doing word problems in mathematics, can complete their homework on their own, are not afraid to speak-up in English, persist longer in solving problems, and score well on tests.
Class VI to XI – The guidelines of national curriculum and framework and CBSE are followed through our innovative teaching methodologies without losing track of CCE pattern.
- Carry out interactive teaching and learning.
- Excellent teaching practice makes students receptive enabling them to think for themselves, be creative and flexible in handling complexity and uncertainty.
- Highlight problem-solving ability, together with teamwork and communication.
- Make learning relevant and require students to handle complex things and apply their understanding to new contexts.
- Encourage self-study and the students take decisions on day-to-day matters. This instills research skills and self- discipline.
- Focus on honing students’ reflective and analytical skills.
- Impart skills needed for working effectively in global environment using information from different sources around the world.
- Counsel parents not to pressurize their children for getting grades and to avoid stress for the children/wards and to promote mental ability.
- Make teaching learning enjoyable
The school encourages students to participate in sports activities both in and outside the school. Inter school and inter house tournaments are held every year.
The school also has a soccer team at different levels and gives importance to different sporting activities. As a part of the Student enrichment program, we have Skating, Silambam and Foot ball for students.
School also encourages indoor games like Chess, Carom, table tennis etc.
The school playground is no less important than school lessons. It is on the playground that we learn to face defeat. The school has a very big playground facilitating all the games.
Annual Sports day is an essential part of school education.